Connect with us

Business

Another dog has died after being exposed to blue-green algae

The dog, Fina.KNES5

  • A woman from Texas took her dog swimming in a river by her house earlier this month.
  • It's there that Tamra Massey believes her dog, Fina, ate toxic blue-green algae, she wrote on Facebook. She said that shortly thereafter her dog died.
  • According to KENS5, Massey said the whole incident took place in less than an hour.
  • Now, Massey is speaking out on social media to warn other dog owners about the dangers of blue-green algae.
  • Visit INSIDER's homepage for more stories.

Another woman is sharing that her beloved dog died after being exposed to toxic blue-green algae.

On Thursday, Tamra Massey of Boerne, Texas, wrote on Facebook that her dog, Fina, a toy Australian Shepherd, died on July 31, after ingesting some of the algae. Massey wrote that she took her dog to swim in a river by her home. She said that the water "was not infested' with the algae, nor did it look stagnant … There were simply a few pieces of the algae floating around."See the rest of the story at Business Insider

NOW WATCH: A dog owner built custom ice skates for her pup and taught him how to skate

See Also:

  • 3 dogs died after playing in a pond with toxic algae: 'We are gutted'
  • Mother of the El Paso shooting suspect reportedly called police weeks before shooting concerned that her son owned an 'AK' type firearm
  • 2 died after a man got out of his car and opened fire in the middle of a Houston freeway — and police say the gunman is on the run

Continue Reading




Subscribe

Trending